The library location pages on our website will be redesigned this month. Location pages will get a new look and feel on October 25. BiblioCommons, our website vendor, is making these updates to improve your experience online. We hope the new pages will help make it easier to find out when your library is open and what's available onsite. Find out what to expect on the new location pages.
All individual location pages will be completely refreshed and remodeled. (An example of a current individual location page is kcls.org/vashon.)
Hours, addresses, and phone numbers will move to the top to make the most sought-after details easier to find.
- Events will move up on the page so it's easier to find current offerings online and outdoors.
- Holidays and emergency closures will move up where most people expect to find them.
- 'About' section will list onsite offerings in one place. It will include amenities such as Features, Facilities, and Parking. In future updates, it will also include Accessibility amenities.
- Announcements about hours and service changes will be more noticeable.
- Local services and collection sections will make it easier to explore your community library.
- Mobile view will work better on smaller screens.
- Blogs will move lower down on the page with other types of related content.
Find an example of a new location page from our website vendor's test site in the screenshot below.
What's not changing?
- Location details: hours, addresses, phone numbers, Features, Facilities, and services.
- Find a Location map.
- A-Z Locations page.
- Links to location pages. The new pages will have the same urls and redirects, or shortlinks. For example, you'll still be able to get to Vashon's page from https://kcls.org/locations/1545/ and kcls.org/vashon.
How were the new pages developed?
Bibliocommons designed the new pages in response to feedback from library users. They learned how people use location pages through user research and testing. They also heard requests from library staff for customizable location pages.