Find digital services that you can use 24/7.
Looking for something to read, watch, or listen to? Keeping up with current events but running into paywalls? Stay entertained and informed with eBooks, movies and tv, news, and more.
See what's new and available now in digital collections. Browse staff picks.
Tips and Updates
Get tips for borrowing digital titles from your library. Find out about new features and other changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can have as many tutoring sessions as you like using your library card or student account. There is no time limit for sessions.
There no limit to the length or number of essays you can submit for review. If your essay is more than 10 pages, submit separate requests with no more than 10 pages each.
Brainfuse provides help in most subjects covered in:
- kindergarten-12th grade as well as
- college classes.
The following subjects are also available:
- ACT, SAT, and AP test preparation courses
- ASVAB practice quizzes
- Career exploration through eParachute
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Essay review
- FAFSA and WAFSA assistance
- GED and HiSet High School Equivalency preparation
- Job application and interview preparation
- Microsoft Office Help
- Resume and cover letter review and help
- Video lessons on basic foundations in many subjects
- U.S. citizenship test preparation
Teachers should use a teacher account. These are provided to all schools participating in our Student Accounts, opens a new window program. Teachers may also request a demonstration from a community librarian.
Many of the services and resources on our site are managed by third-party vendors. This includes:
Your catalog account where you can view due dates and place holds.
- eBook and streaming services such as OverDrive, hoopla, and Kanopy.
- Databases such as Consumer Reports.
Online tutoring such as Brainfuse.
Each time you use any of these services, you're leaving our site. You're also visiting a separate website managed by a different third-party vendor.
Since these individual sites are not connected, we don't have a way to log you in to multiple services at once. This is why, even if you've logged in to the library account you use to check out books in the catalog, you still need to log in to databases.
We wish this was more seamless! In the meantime, we'll continue to explore ways we might be able to help simplify the log in process.
A full-access King County Library System (KCLS) library card in good standing may borrow:
All items except downloads Maximum of 100 items OverDrive eBooks and downloadable audiobooks 25 items OverDrive magazines No checkout limits hoopla digital music, movies, TV, and comics 10 items per month Kanopy streaming movies 5 items per month. No holds. (Kanopy Kids, Great Courses, and Credit-Free Viewing are counted separately.)
KCLS is not responsible for damage to equipment that occurs while using library-owned material.
Patrons who have reached the maximum number of physical checkouts are not able to log in or borrow items from OverDrive or hoopla.
To check out streaming videos on Kanopy, you need the following:
To check out eBooks or downloadable audiobooks from OverDrive, you need the following:
- A King County Library System account in good standing.
- Internet access
- A computer or mobile device to read or listen to your OverDrive titles.
- You may also need the Libby App or Adobe Digital Editions, opens a new window. For more information about how to check out items from OverDrive, refer to this related FAQ: How do I check out and read or listen to an eBook or downloadable audiobook from OverDrive?