Find digital services that you can use while libraries are closed.
Looking for something to read, watch, or listen to? Keeping up with current events but running into paywalls? Stay entertained and informed with eBooks, movies and tv, news, and more.
Tips and Updates
Get tips for borrowing digital titles from your library. Find out about new features and other changes.
Staff Picks, Tips, and Updates
Frequently Asked Questions
Tutorías individualizadas en tiempo real via chat para estudiantes de K-12, de nivel inicial universitario y estudiantes adultos. Disponible en chat y audio. Tutor.com está disponible 24/7 pero las tutorías individualizadas solo están disponibles de 2 pm - medianoche.
Para obtener una lista de los límites de las sesiones, las materias con las que puede obtener ayuda y las herramientas para maestros, visite Tutor.com FAQs.
Para soporte técnico, contacte firstname.lastname@example.org o visite centro de ayuda en la parte inferior de cada página de Tutor.com. Tutor.com no puede ayudarle a recuperar su PIN. Si olvidó su PIN, debe comunicarse con una biblioteca de KCLS o Ask KCLS para recibir ayuda. Hay Videos tutoriales de SBAC disponibles para estudiantes y padres.
Session length limits:
- Each tutoring session may be up to 20-30 minutes long.
- Each tutoring session is designed to help you with 1-2 questions before you continue working on your own.
- If you need more time with a tutor, you may begin a new tutoring session.
- You can have as many tutoring sessions as you like, with your library card. Tutor.com does not limit the number of monthly tutoring sessions.
You can submit essays of up to 8,000 characters (5-6 pages) in length for review per submission.
- You may have up to 3 essays under review at the same time.
Tutor.com services include:
- ACT/SAT practice course
- AP courses
- ASVAB practice quizzes
- bilingual tutors
- citizenship preparation help
- college-bound help
- cover letter review and help
- document proofing, in real-time and drop-off, for written essays, resumes, and math problems
- English language skills help
- GRE, GMAT, MCAT, and LSAT practice courses
- interview preparation
- job searching help
- MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint tutorials
- remedial skill building
- resume review and help
- sample resumes, templates, and guidelines
- videos on basic education foundations
- WA State SBAC (Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium) test preparation (Select the “Other Tools” menu at the top of the Tutor.com site and choosing “Prep for the SBAC." See SBAC video tutorial.)
eBooks, Downloads, and Streaming
Some borrowing limits have changed while libraries are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit our blog to find out what's different during the closure.
A full-access King County Library System (KCLS) library card in good standing may borrow:
All items except downloads Maximum of 100 items OverDrive eBooks, downloadable audiobooks, and video 25 items hoopla digital music, movies, TV, and comics 10 items per month RBdigital magazines No checkout limits Kanopy streaming movies 5 items per month. No holds.
KCLS is not responsible for damage to equipment that occurs while using library-owned material.
Patrons who have reached the maximum number of physical checkouts are not able to login or borrow items from OverDrive, hoopla, or RBdigital.
To check out streaming videos on Kanopy, you need the following:
To check out eBooks, downloadable audiobooks, or video from OverDrive, you need the following:
- A KCLS library card in good standing.
- Internet access
- A computer or mobile device to read, listen, or watch your OverDrive titles.
- You may also need the Libby App, OverDrive app, opens a new window or Adobe Digital Editions, opens a new window. For more information about how to check out items from OverDrive, see How do I check out and read or listen to an eBook or downloadable audiobook from OverDrive?