Find digital services that you can use 24/7.
Looking for something to read, watch, or listen to? Keeping up with current events but running into paywalls? Stay entertained and informed with eBooks, movies and tv, news, and more.
See what's new and available now in digital collections. Browse staff picks.
Staff Picks, Tips, and Updates
Frequently Asked Questions
You can have as many tutoring sessions as you like using your library card or student account.
You can submit essays of up to 8,000 characters (5-6 pages) in length for review per submission.
- You may have up to 3 essays under review at the same time.
Tutor.com provides help in most subjects covered in:
- kindergarten-12th grade as well as
- entry-level college classes.
The following subjects are also available:
- ACT, SAT, and AP test preparation courses
- ASVAB practice quizzes
- Computer Science (C++, Java, Python, SQL, Web Design)
- Essay review
- GRE, GMAT, MCAT, and LSAT practice courses
- Job application and interview preparation
- Nursing (anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, NCLEX test preparation, and more)
- Resume and cover letter review and help
- Study skills coaching for students and parents
- Videos on basic foundations in math and language arts
- U.S. citizenship test preparation
How can teachers show students how to use Tutor.com?
Teachers may use:
Demonstration resources from the Client Resource Center. This tool includes:
- an intro video,
- practice classroom, and
- customizable PowerPoint presentations.
Tutor.com YouTube channel. The channel includes webinars for:
- parents, and
Some borrowing limits have changed while libraries are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit our blog to find out what's different during the closure.
A full-access King County Library System (KCLS) library card in good standing may borrow:
All items except downloads Maximum of 100 items OverDrive eBooks, downloadable audiobooks, and video 25 items OverDrive magazines No checkout limits hoopla digital music, movies, TV, and comics 10 items per month Kanopy streaming movies 5 items per month. No holds.
KCLS is not responsible for damage to equipment that occurs while using library-owned material.
Patrons who have reached the maximum number of physical checkouts are not able to login or borrow items from OverDrive or hoopla.
To check out streaming videos on Kanopy, you need the following:
To check out eBooks, downloadable audiobooks, or video from OverDrive, you need the following:
- A King County Library System account in good standing.
- Internet access
- A computer or mobile device to read, listen, or watch your OverDrive titles.
- You may also need the Libby App, OverDrive app, opens a new window or Adobe Digital Editions, opens a new window. For more information about how to check out items from OverDrive, see How do I check out and read or listen to an eBook or downloadable audiobook from OverDrive?