Find digital services that you can use 24/7.
Looking for something to read, watch, or listen to? Keeping up with current events but running into paywalls? Stay entertained and informed with eBooks, movies and tv, news, and more.
Homework Help Resources for Students
Find databases and other sources to help you with your homework.
Homework Help Resources
Tips and Updates
Get tips for borrowing digital titles from your library. Find out about new features and other changes.
Staff Picks, Tips, and Updates
- Follow the link for Rosetta Stone on our Databases page in a browser. Enter your library card number and password.
- Select Rosetta Stone Library Solution from the list.
- Create an account with your email address and a password. Select a language to learn. You can only learn one language with the Rosetta Stone.
- On your mobile device, download the Rosetta Stone app from your provider’s store. You can follow the link in the “View available apps” section on our Databases
- Open the app and select “Log In” underneath the blue “Get Started” button.
- Select “Work or School” for the account type.
- Enter the email address you used to create your Rosetta Stone account for the user name. Enter the password you created. On Android devices, choose Next.
- Enter the Workspace ID on Apple devices and when prompted for Android device. The workspace ID is s9225476.
- Choose Sign In for iOS or Next for Android.
- Start learning!
Click on 'Online Library’ at the top of the page > Choose ‘Databases’ from the ‘Formats’ menu or select a topic from the ‘Subjects’ menu. > Choose from the list.
In addition, the new website allows to search the site to find direct individual databases by name. Click on ’Search’ on the right side of the screen. > Choose ‘website’ from the drop-down at the left side of the search box and enter the name of the database you're looking for.
The workspace ID is s9225476.
No. The library edition of Rosetta Stone only allows you to learn one language.
Many of the services and resources on our site are managed by third-party vendors. This includes:
Your catalog account where you can view due dates and place holds.
- eBook and streaming services such as OverDrive, hoopla, and Kanopy.
- Databases such as Consumer Reports.
Online tutoring such as Brainfuse.
Each time you use any of these services, you're leaving our site. You're also visiting a separate website managed by a different third-party vendor.
Since these individual sites are not connected, we don't have a way to log you in to multiple services at once. This is why, even if you've logged in to the library account you use to check out books in the catalog, you still need to log in to databases.
We wish this was more seamless! In the meantime, we'll continue to explore ways we might be able to help simplify the log in process.
Digital Content FAQs
OverDrive discontinued the OverDrive app. Do you use a Kindle Fire? You’ll still be able to use the OverDrive app on Kindle Fire. You can download the Libby App for Kindle Fire in the Amazon app store here.
Some Kindle titles are exclusive to Amazon and not available through Overdrive. We purchase Kindle editions whenever possible. If a Kindle edition is available through Amazon, we can submit a request to OverDrive. This does not guarantee that we'll be able to add the Kindle edition.
Please contact Ask KCLS if there is a Kindle edition showing on Amazon.com.
A full-access King County Library System (KCLS) library card in good standing may borrow:
All items except downloads Maximum of 100 items OverDrive eBooks and downloadable audiobooks 25 items OverDrive magazines No checkout limits hoopla digital music, movies, TV, and comics 10 items per month Kanopy streaming movies 5 items per month. No holds. (Kanopy Kids, Great Courses, and Credit-Free Viewing are counted separately.)
KCLS is not responsible for damage to equipment that occurs while using library-owned material.
Patrons who have reached the maximum number of physical checkouts are not able to log in or borrow items from OverDrive or hoopla.
To check out streaming videos on Kanopy, you need the following: