We contract for products, construction, and other services. Find and bid for contracting opportunities at the King County Library System.
Current Contracting Opportunities
Find bids and proposals that we're currently soliciting on OpenGov. Closing dates are included in each posting.
Search for previously closed bids on the Procurement Portal.
You'll need to register on OpenGov to respond to bids. Learn how to create an account for your business.
Need help? Read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Register on OpenGov
Sign up for a free OpenGov account. You’ll receive an email to activate your account.
Once registered, you’ll be invited to respond to postings for:
- General and Professional Services and Selected Commodities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Public works include all of the following, executed at the cost of the agency (RCW 39.04.010):
- Improvement other than ordinary maintenance
For public works projects estimated to be under $50,000:
We only require two verbal quotations to determine the best price.
For public works projects estimated to be $50,000-$350,000:
We require a minimum of three written quotations to determine the best price. We may use our Small Public Works Roster (RCW 39.04.155) to request bids.
For projects estimated to be over $350,000:
We contract for various types of services including:
- Renovation and remodeling
- Goods and services
- Legal services
- Professional services
- Purchases for Information Technology (IT)
- General services
Depending on the type of work and estimated cost:
We may issue either a Request for Proposals (RFPs) or Request for Qualifications (RFQs).
For certain types of professional services and legal services:
We may review, evaluate, and select consultants based on Statements of Qualifications (SOQ). This practice is per State and City policy. If you've registered for these kinds of services, you must upload an SOQ on our roster to be considered.
With your account, you can:
- Receive notifications of future opportunities in the Procurement Portal. Go to OpenGov and select “Subscribe.”
- Follow updates to existing solicitations. Find the solicitation and click the “Follow” button. This will allow you to receive amendments and addenda automatically.
- Submit questions and receive answers for open solicitations.
- Be guided through the process of responding electronically to Request for Proposals (RFPs), bids, etc. OpenGov helps make sure that vendors have accurately completed submissions.
- Find all bid opportunities from the King County Library System in one place.
To serve the community and the King County Library System (KCLS) by providing and communicating professional procurement/contracting services and support, in order to guide KCLS leaders through sound business decisions leading to financial stewardship.
We do this through:
- Accessible and efficient online tools
- Just-in-time support to all parts of the organization
- Analytical reporting and analysis