The Bellevue Library ideaX Makerspace features introductory workshops and drop-in sessions for collaboration and creation. The Makerspace is a free, library-operated workspace where people are invited to come together to learn, create, and collaborate.
The space encourages creativity through art, design, coding, recording, and more through emerging technologies, traditional mediums and explores the space between.
Makerspace Events and Hours
We offer a variety of workshops, open labs, and trainings at the Makerspace. The Makerspace is open for these events Tuesday through Sunday. Find out about upcoming events on the Bellevue Library ideaX Makerspace events page.
- Reservations may be made for the Open Lab hours, and are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reservations are limited to two-hours per piece of equipment each week (Tuesday-Sunday).
- Reservations may be made on multiple pieces of equipment throughout the week.
- Reservations can be made 12 weeks into the future.
- Reservations will be held for 15 minutes after the time of reservation, then will be canceled.
Makerspace equipment reservations may be made either online or by contacting the Bellevue Library. Please indicate on the reservation page if you will need staff assistance beyond the initial setup of the equipment and tools. Include enough time in your reservation for setting up, as well as time for breaking down at the end of your session.
If you need to schedule equipment with less than 24 hours’ notice or have any questions, please contact the Bellevue Library directly at 425-450-1765.
Take a 3D tour of the Makerspace! Use the small icon on the bottom left to switch to walk through, dollhouse, and floor plan views.
The Makerspace was made possible by generous donations from the KCLS Foundation and its funders.