Study Zone Plus
Connect to virtual homework help and resources!
Study Zone Plus volunteers offer academic support for students in grades K-12.
Log in during open hours for:
- Free homework help
- Access to KCLS librarians
- Language and reading support
- Social activities
Type your requested activity in the Chat or wait for the Greeter to call on you. Students will be moved to breakout rooms for the service they choose.
Drop in any time during Tuesdays and Wednesdays 4-6pm, Thursdays 5:30-7:30pm.
Connect to Zoom using your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Join Tutors and Math Club Zoom Meetings:
Meeting ID: 848 1415 3950
Dial in using your home phone or smartphone.
- Dial by your location
- (888) 475-4499 (toll-free)
- Meeting ID: 848 1415 3950
- Find your local number.
During high traffic students may need to wait 5-10 minutes to be let in. Thank you for your patience.
Subject and language availability may vary based on volunteer attendance. Unexpected absences or schedule changes can occur.
All subjects are available daily for Grades K-5.
Oct 6th | 5:30pm - 7:30pmOnline Event
Oct 11th | 4:00pm - 6:00pmOnline Event
Oct 12th | 4:00pm - 6:00pmOnline Event
Oct 13th | 5:30pm - 7:30pmOnline Event
Oct 18th | 4:00pm - 6:00pmOnline Event
Oct 19th | 4:00pm - 6:00pmOnline Event
Practice core math skills. Each 1-hour Math Club class is separated by suggested grade level. Log in a few minutes before the lesson begins and request the class you want to attend.
Oct 6th | 5:30pm - 6:30pmOnline Event
Oct 6th | 6:00pm - 7:00pmOnline Event
Oct 6th | 6:30pm - 7:30pmOnline Event
Oct 11th | 4:15pm - 5:15pmOnline Event
Oct 11th | 4:30pm - 5:30pmOnline Event
Oct 11th | 4:45pm - 5:45pmOnline Event
Some students have asked for tutors who reflect their identity. For example, tutors who are Black, Indigenous or people of color (BIPOC). Contact the Study Zone coordinator for help connecting with specific tutors.
Have materials on hand to work from, such as:
- Instructions, textbooks, and assigned reading needed to complete your assignment.
- Worksheets or other tools if you just want to practice certain skills.
- Notes or other practice materials if you are studying for a test.
- Online assignments or computer documents to share on screen (for video calls only).
Tips for sharing student materials with the tutor:
- To maintain privacy, please do not email documents directly to the tutors.
- Students can use Share Screen in Zoom to display their work to the tutor.
- Students can use a smart phone or scanner to capture an image of a paper document/textbook/workbook. They can open that image on their computer/device to use with Share Screen in Zoom.
- Documents can be emailed to the librarian staffing the Study Zone Plus shift to forward to the tutor.
- Students may place a link in chat to a document stored in a cloud drive, such as iCloud, OneDrive or Google Drive.
- Students can hold their paper document or book up the device camera for the tutor to view.
- Students dialing in by phone can read their document to the tutor. The tutor will take notes in order to help the student.
You can connect to Zoom online using your computer, tablet or smartphone. Or, dial in using a home phone or smartphone.
Log in any time during Study Zone Plus hours. You do not need to register or provide personal information to participate. You can participate for any amount of time during Study Zone Plus hours.
Only Math Club has set start and end times for each class.
Study Zone Plus instructors are volunteers from our communities who have:
- passed a Washington State patrol background check and
- completed a program orientation.
Volunteers range in age from high school juniors to retired adults.
- A library employee will supervise each online session.
- Volunteer rovers circulate among the rooms to observe. Rovers will sit in whenever there is only one student in a room with a tutor.
- Unaccompanied adults are not permitted and will be removed from the session. Only parents and caregivers assisting their K-12 student may sit in.
Study Zone Plus is free.