Study Zone Plus
Connect to virtual homework help and resources!
Study Zone Plus offers students in grades K-12 all these services in one place:
- Free homework help
- Access to KCLS librarians
- Language and reading support
- Social activities
Students in grades K-12 can log in any time during Study Zone Plus open hours. Students will be moved to breakout rooms by age groups, elementary or teen.
Days and Times
Summer Schedule: Tuesdays through Fridays 3-5pm (June 29-August 27)
- Study Zone Tutors
- Math Club (grades K-8)
- Take On College (Tuesdays 3-5pm only)
- Reading Buddies (grades K-5)
- Teen Talk Time (grades 6-12)
- Recharge Rooms
How to Connect
Recharge Rooms are separated for elementary students and teens: detailed schedule.
Tuesdays: Group Doodles or Yoga
Wednesdays: Comics Art or Dance
Thursdays: Pictionary or GoNoodle
Fridays: Group Doodle or Escape Rooms
Math Club Summer Camps, June 29-August 27
Each 1-hour lesson begins at 3pm or 4pm.
Math Club Grades K-5
Find out what's happening for each lesson in Elementary Math Camp this summer.
Practice core math skills and get ready for your next grade in school.
Math Club Grades 6-8
Find out what's happening for each lesson in SEEK Middle School Math Camp this summer.
Math lessons to get ready for geometry, algebra, 6th, 7th or 8th grade.
One-hour lessons are twice per week for four weeks (eight lessons in a series, July or August).
Meet and greet available June 29-July 2 to help students find the right class.
Some students have asked for tutors who reflect their identity. For example, tutors who are Black, Indigenous or people of color (BIPOC). Contact the Study Zone coordinator for help connecting with specific tutors.
Have materials on hand to work from, such as:
- Instructions, textbooks, and assigned reading needed to complete your assignment.
- Worksheets or other tools if you just want to practice certain skills.
- Notes or other practice materials if you are studying for a test.
- Online assignments or computer documents to share on screen (for video calls only).
Tips for sharing student materials with the tutor:
- To maintain privacy, please do not email documents directly to the tutors.
- Students can use Share Screen in Zoom to display their work to the tutor.
- Students can use a smart phone or scanner to capture an image of a paper document/textbook/workbook. They can open that image on their computer/device to use with Share Screen in Zoom.
- Documents can be emailed to the librarian staffing the Study Zone Plus shift to forward to the tutor.
- Students may place a link in chat to a document stored in a cloud drive, such as iCloud, OneDrive or Google Drive.
- Students can hold their paper document or book up the device camera for the tutor to view.
- Students dialing in by phone can read their document to the tutor. The tutor will take notes in order to help the student.
You can connect to Zoom online using your computer, tablet or smartphone. Or, dial in using a home phone or smartphone.
Log in any time during Study Zone Plus hours. You do not need to register or provide personal information to participate. You can participate for any amount of time during Study Zone Plus hours.
- A library employee will supervise each online session.
- Volunteer rovers circulate among the rooms to observe. Rovers will sit in whenever there is only one student in a room with a tutor.
- Unaccompanied adults are not permitted and will be removed from the session. Only parents and caregivers assisting their K-12 student may sit in.
Tutors are volunteers from our communities who have:
- passed a Washington State patrol background check and
- completed a program orientation.
Volunteers range in age from high school juniors to retired adults.
Study Zone Plus is free.