Overdrive has been providing two different apps for reading eBooks from the library. Starting this month, OverDrive will transition to their newer Libby app. OverDrive will remove the OverDrive app from app stores on February 23. You'll only be able to download the Libby app. However, if you've already installed the OverDrive app, you'll still be able to use it. Get the details about this change.
Starting on February 23
- You’ll no longer be able to download the OverDrive app from the Apple App Store, Google Play, or the Microsoft store.
- You'll no longer be able to download the Windows or Mac OverDrive desktop app from overdrive.com/apps.
- If you haven’t installed OverDrive’s app, you’ll need to use OverDrive’s Libby app instead.
- If you've already installed the OverDrive app on your mobile device or computer, you’ll still be able to use it.
- You’ll still be able to access the library’s OverDrive website.