You can send your holds to private and secure lockers at these libraries.
You'll need your all-access library card number and PIN/password to use this service. Here's how it works:
- When you place a hold in the online catalog, choose a Bothell or Covington locker as the pickup location. If you have Single-Click holds turned on, you’ll want to turn it off. This will give you the option to choose a locker instead of picking up your holds inside the library.
- You’ll be notified by phone or email when your item is ready for pickup. You'll have one day to pick it up from the Bothell Locker or three days to pick it up from the Covington Locker.
- Your hold will be available in the locker 24/7 for one day at Bothell or three days at Covington.
- When you arrive, enter your library card number and PIN/password. This will open the locker door.
- When the door opens, your items are checked out, so be sure to take all your items. If you find that you don’t want an item anymore, return that item to an open book drop. Book drops are open 24/7.
Not sure if you should pick up your holds in a locker or inside your library?
Here's a quick guide to help you find out which one will best meet your needs.
|Locker Pickup||Pickup Inside Your Library|
|Days to pick up before holds expire||1 day to pick up from Bothell, 3 days from Covington||8|
|Open hours||24 hours, 7 days a week||Limited hours, Tuesday-Saturday|
|Onsite assistance||No, call Ask KCLS during their open hours.||Yes, limited hours, Tuesday-Saturday|
|How to request||In the catalog or KCLS app||In the catalog or KCLS app, by phone, or in person|
|Pick up large items (Books to Grow On, picture books, kits)||No||Yes|
|Library card and PIN/password needed at pickup||Yes||No|
If you need your hold quickly or need more time to pick them up please send holds to your library instead.
Get more details about scheduling a locker pickup.
Lockers were generously funded by the KCLS Foundation.