You can send your holds to private and secure lockers at these libraries.
You'll need your all-access library card number and PIN/password to use this service. Here's how it works:
- When you place a hold in the online catalog, choose a Bothell or Covington locker as the pickup location. If you have Single-Click holds turned on, you’ll want to turn it off. This will give you the option to choose a locker instead of picking up your holds curbside.
- You’ll be notified by phone or email when your item is ready for pickup. You'll have three days to pick it up. If you haven't already.
- Your hold will be available in the locker 24/7 for three days.
- When you arrive, enter your library card number and PIN/password. This will open the locker door.
- When the door opens, your items are checked out, so be sure to take all your items. If you find that you don’t want an item anymore, return that item to an open book drop.
Not sure if you should pick up your holds in a locker or at Curbside to Go? Here's a quick guide to help you find out which one will best meet your needs.
|Locker Pickup||Curbside to Go Pickup|
|Days to pick up before holds expire||3||7|
|Open hours||24 hours, 7 days a week||Limited hours, Tuesday-Saturday|
|Onsite assistance||No, call Ask KCLS during their open hours.||Yes, limited hours, Tuesday-Saturday|
|How to request||In the catalog or KCLS app||In the myLIBRO app or website, by phone, or in person|
|Pick up large items (Books to Grow On, picture books, kits)||No||Yes|
|Library card and PIN/password needed at pickup||Yes||No|
If you need your hold quickly or need more time to pick them up please use Curbside To Go instead.
Lockers were generously funded by the KCLS Foundation.