About Shoreline Library

About Shoreline Library

Opened: September 12, 1993

Overview

  • Designed by Portico/Johnston
  • 20,954 square feet

History

  • 1944: Ronald Council of Parents and Teachers and the Volunteer Firemen's Association open The Richmond Highlands Library
  • 1946: Library moves to North 183rd Street between Aurora Avenue North and Linden Avenue North
  • 1947: Richmond Highlands Association opens a 450-square-foot library in a Paine Field war surplus building at North 178th Street and Linden Avenue North
  • 1960: Formation of Shoreline Library Guild; Construction of new Shoreline Library begins
  • 1965: KCLS annexation
  • 1966: Shoreline Library opens
  • 1975: 15,000-square-foot expanded library opens
  • 1993: Opening of new, 20,000-square-foot Shoreline Library
  • 1995: Formation of the Shoreline Library Board

 

Friends of the Shoreline Library

  • Dues: Individual, $10; Family, $25; Sponsor, $50; Patron, $100
  • Book Sales: Ongoing sale in library; Annual book sale in September
  • Other Fundraisers: Book bags
  • Meetings: Bimonthly
  • Friends of the Shoreline Library was founded in 1963.
  • Connect with Friends of the Shoreline Library on Facebookopens a new window.