Opened: November 10, 1999
- Designed by Bassetti Architects (original); Donald King and associates (remodel)
- 30,000 square feet
- 1927: The Nokomis Club women's group collects books for the city's first library on Leary Way
- 1933: Library moves into larger space later used by the Chamber of Commerce
- 1947: Redmond joins the King County Rural Library District
- 1975: Opening of new, 13,000-square-foot library at the city campus
- 1990: KCLS annexation
- 1999: Opening of 30,000-square-foot library at the corner of NE 85th and 160th streets
- 2009: Remodeled library reopens
Redmond Library Advisory Board
Library Advisory Boards are established by individual cities that have annexed to the King County Library System (KCLS). Members of these community boards are appointed by and serve in an advisory capacity to City officials on matters regarding the KCLS community library they represent.
For more information, visit the Library Board of Trustees page on the City of Redmond website, opens a new window.
Friends of the Redmond Library
- The Friends of the Redmond Library support the Redmond Library through their ongoing and special book sales. All proceeds benefit programs and services at the library.
- Gently used book donations and volunteers always welcome.
Connect with the Friends of the Redmond Library on Facebook
For more information or to volunteer: email the Friends of the Redmond Library
Redmond Library on King County Reads
Learn more about the Redmond Library- including how to get help and information starting a business, fundraising for a non-profit- in our episode of KCTV's King County Reads.