Opened: January 30, 1995
- Quiet Room overlooking Peter Kirk Park
- Designed by Zimmer Gunsul Frasca/Ruffcorn Mott Hinthorne Stine (remodel)
- 19,500 square feet
- 1925: Women's Club opens first library in the City Council chambers after five years of fundraising efforts
- 1961: City assumes library operation with support from the library's Friends group
- 1965: Bond passage funds construction of a 7,060-square-foot library at 406 Kirkland Avenue
- 1968: City contracts with KCLS for library service
- 1990: KCLS annexation
- 1995: Opening of a new, 15,000-square-foot library
- 2009: 19,500-square-foot expanded library reopens
Kirkland Library Advisory Board
Library Advisory Boards are established by individual cities that have annexed to the King County Library System (KCLS). Members of these community boards are appointed by and serve in an advisory capacity to City officials on matters regarding the KCLS community library they represent.
For more information, visit the City of Kirkland Boards and Commissions page.
- Dori Butler
- Sandy Cummings
- Maia Jackson
- Lorraine McReynolds
- Deepa Narayanan
- Dave Wagar
Questions? Contact Pauline Warden at 425.486.7811 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends of the Library of Kirkland (FOLK)
- Dues: Membership is free
- Book Sales: Ongoing sale in library
- Other Fundraisers: Book bags, $10
- Meetings: Annual
- Connect with the FOLK on Facebook.