About Issaquah Library

Opened: May 2001


  • Designed by Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
  • 15,000 square feet


  • 1908: Issaquah's first public library opens in the back of Enos Guss's barbershop on Front Street; Odd Fellows Hall fundraiser builds collection of 40 books
  • 1946: Kiwanis Club lobbies KCLS to contract with City for library service; Library opens at Town Hall, which later became the Issaquah Town Hall Museum
  • 1963: Bond measure funds move into remodeled school cafeteria
  • 1983: Library moves to a building on Memorial Field
  • 1990: KCLS annexation
  • 1996: Bond measure funds construction of a new library
  • 2001: Opening of new, 15,000-square-foot library at the corner of Front Street and Sunset Way
  • 2009: Completion of Capital Bond Project improvements

Issaquah Library Advisory Board

Library Advisory Boards are established by individual cities that have annexed to the King County Library System (KCLS). Members of these community boards are appointed by and serve in an advisory capacity to City officials on matters regarding the KCLS community library they represent.


  • Cynthia Lesferd (Term Expires: 2018)
  • Lynn Ryan (Term Expires: 2018)
  • Satyajit Ranganathan
  • Emily Adams
  • Ankit Saxena

Alternate Members

  • Susan Marshall (Term Expires: 2017)
  • Judy Stenberg

Questions? Contact Michele Drovdahl at 425-392-5430 or michdrov@kcls.org.

Friends of the Issaquah Library

  • Dues: Individual, $10; Family, $20
  • Book Sales: Ongoing sale in library lobby; Biannual book sales, in spring and fall
  • Meetings: Second Wednesday of each month at 7 pm
  • Website, opens a new window