Opened: April 1, 1993
- Food for Thought Cafe
- Designed by Integrus Architects
- 23,000 square feet
- 1988: Approval of $3.1 million library building and $1.9 million collection bond issue
- 1993: Opening of new, 15,000-square-foot library at the junction of Highway 18 and Kent Kangley Road
- 2008: Opening of the expanded 23,000-square-foot library
Friends of the Covington Library
- Dues: Individual, $5; Student (K-12), $2
- Book sales: Three sales each year (February, June, and October); Ongoing sale in library
- Other fundraisers: Biannual raffles; Cloth book bags
- Meetings: First Tuesday of each month, 7:30 pm (no meetings in July or August)
- Now in its 20th year, the group publishes a monthly newsletter and regularly receives Friends Hall of Fame awards.
- Become a fan of the Friends of the Covington Library, opens a new window on Facebook.