The KCLS website provides access to a variety of services and online resources that are managed by third-party vendors. These third-party services include (but are not limited to):
- your catalog account where you can view due dates and place holds;
- eBook and streaming services such as OverDrive, hoopla, Kanopy, and RBdigital;
- databases such as Consumer Reports and Lynda.com;
- online tutoring such as Tutor.com;
- hold and due date reminders from Elf;
- fine payment through PayPal; and
- new book alerts from NextReads.
Each time you use any of these services you are leaving the KCLS website and visiting a separate website that is managed by a different third-party vendor.
Since these individual sites are not connected, even if you are logged in to the same library account you use to check out books in the catalog, or if you have already logged in to a database or download service, you will still be prompted to log in to any additional services that you visit from the KCLS website. For example, when you pay fines online you start by logging in to the KCLS catalog. Once you start the transaction though, you will leave the KCLS catalog and be taken to the PayPal site where you enter your payment information and the financial processing takes place.