HS21 + in Spanish: Obtain an Official High School Diploma

Versión en español / Spanish version

Do you dream of attending a university in the US but first need your official high school diploma?
The HS21 + program is an opportunity to achieve your educational goals in a practical way, free of charge.

1. What is the HS21 + program in Spanish?
HS21+ allows you the opportunity to finish high school by obtaining an official degree recognized by the state of Washington. The only requirement for enrollment is that you are 21 years or older. This program is offered in collaboration with RTC (Renton Technical College) and Goodwill.

2. What is the difference between this HS21 + program in Spanish and the GED?

The HS21 + program is equivalent to the GED but the path to accreditation is different. HS21+ offers credit for previous knowledge and life-skills as well through classes, homework, essays etc. HS21 + is a less academic program and you do not have to pass the four GED exams.

3. How does registration work and what should I bring to register?
Preregistration is required, please call / text 206-880-1704 or email dtully@rtc.eduopens a new window. We follow the RTC academic calendar. Classes are held Tuesdays from 9 am to 11 am. Students are required to meet with the teacher some Thursdays by appointment only. You will just need a photo ID and any certificates or proof of classes you have previously attended in your country or the US as well as proof of knowledge acquired for work (CPR certificate, food handler card, etc.).

4. Does it have any cost?
No, like all the programs we offer at the KCLS libraries this program is free.

5. Where can I find more information about this and other KCLS Spanish programs?
Call 425-369-3443 or write to espanol@kcls.org