Are you ready to earn a software or technology skill certification while you’re at home from school or work? KCLS can connect you to proctored online certification exams offered by Certiport. (Read the Certiport Test Candidate Guide first to make sure your computer set-up meets the technical requirements.)
Steps to earn a certification from home:
- Select the certification you wish to pursue from the options at kcls.org/getcertified.
- Recommended: Complete the course(s) in the “Learn” section for the selected certification.
- Required: Complete the practice exam in “Test” mode with an 80% score or better for the selected certification.
- Select a certification date and time from the KCLS Calendar.
- Request registration: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “CFH Registration Request," and include your full name; the certification exam you plan to take; proof of your "Test" mode practice exam score (80% or better, screenshot or pdf accepted); and the selected exam date/time. We will confirm your registration by email.
- Re-read Certiport Test Candidate Guide.
- Must have a Certiport account for exam; get one free at Certiport.com.
- Receive exam voucher number and a link from KCLS to connect to the proctored online certification exam on day of exam.
- Registration will be handled on a first-come first-serve basis for those showing acceptable proof of item #3 above. We will confirm your spot after receiving your request.
- Certification Exam Session held in-libraries will resume when appropriate.