Apply to become a Tech Tutor Volunteer. Please:
- Read the information below
- Find a library location with a current volunteer opportunity
- Follow the instructions on the downloadable Tech Tutor Application Packet
Tech Tutor Description
Tech Tutor Volunteers (Tech Tutors) are valuable community partners that help library patrons improve their computer skills. Tech Tutors receive orientation to library mission and values, basic training on adult learning theory and practices, and knowledge of premium library resources available to support computer education. Tech Tutors gain experience teaching library patrons with varying skill levels in group classes, One-on-One (1:1) Computer Help, specialty lab sessions, or proctoring certification exam sessions.
- Provide 1:1 Computer Help to library patrons
- Teach computer classes using KCLS instructional manuals
- Facilitate specialty lab sessions
- Proctor certification exam sessions
- Log volunteer hours and other session statistics
Tech Tutor Volunteers must be:
- Patient, encouraging, and enthusiastic to work with diverse library patrons and skill levels
- Able to explain computer information in a simple, clear fashion
- Able to pass a Washington State Patrol Background Check
- 18 years or older
Four (4) hours a month for five (5) months, at minimum. Specific schedules vary by library.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Tech Tutor Volunteer! Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.