Help people in your community prepare for the U.S. Naturalization Test*.
- Facilitating a weekly citizenship class
- Preparing a weekly lesson plan and class materials
- Collaborating and cooperating with other volunteers
- Following the provided curriculum while being flexible to the participants' needs
- Logging volunteer hours and other session statistics online
- Providing a safe and respectful environment that promotes learning
- Being aware of and sensitive to the difficulties that English language learners face
- Accessing and navigating USCIS Website
- Being familiar with citizenship resources and services available in your library and community
Must be at least 18 years old
Desired Skills: Proficient in the English language, organized, outgoing, and friendly
1.5 to 2 hours per week, for at least six months
How to Apply
Volunteers must complete an online application, signature forms, interview, and Washington State Patrol criminal history check.
Find current Citizenship Volunteer Opportunities
Print signature forms and instructions (PDF)
*Training is provided.