What do iPads, tacos and basketball have to do with KCLS Teen Summer Reading?
These are some of the prizes you can win this year if you participate in our teen summer reading!
Teen Summer Reading is open to teens in grades 6-12 and runs from June 1 through August 31.
How do you win these prizes?
- Pick up a teen reading log at any King County Library.
- Read for 12 hours OR complete 7 library related activities. Then fill out the log and return it to any King County Library.
- When you turn in your first completed reading log you get a free 16 GB flash drive AND a Taco Time coupon, good for one free crispy taco. Flash drives and coupons are available while supplies last.
- Your reading logs also become your entry form in a drawing for an Apple iPad. You can turn in as many reading logs as you want.
- Each library will draw one random winner for the iPad from the returned entries and winners will be announced on September 15.
What about the basketball?
Starting July 1, vouchers good for two free tickets to attend a Seattle Storm basketball game will be given away when you turn in a reading log. Vouchers will be available while supplies last.
Ask your friendly teen librarian for help or check out the KCLS Summer Reading web page for more information. Need inspiration to get started on your reading? Check out the Build A Better World book list for some ideas.
Good luck and happy reading!