How do I participate?
Each week, we'll post two creative challenges. You can respond to either one, or both!
- Check this page each week for the latest challenges.
- Submit your responses using this form, opens a new window.
- (Optional) Share your creative work on social media using the hashtag #KCLSDoubleDare
Challenges- Week of 8/10
- Recall one of your favorite activities as a child. Create a small memory collage by cutting and gluing magazine photos of various objects onto paper that symbolize this memory.
- Think about your personal history and memories and how to convey them visually (what will these mean to someone besides you?)
- Interview someone about an object they owned and cherished as a child. Ask questions to understand its dimensions, material, texture, and form, and create a mental picture of the object. Re-create the object as closely as you can using materials you have on hand.
- It can be in any format: 2-D, 3-D, digital—anything!
Optional: Give the object to the person.
- This can be done from afar, whether over a phone or video call or through written communication. If you can’t send the actual object to the person, take a picture and share it with them that way.