How do I participate?
Each week, we'll post two creative challenges. You can respond to either one, or both!
- Check this page each week for the latest challenges.
- Submit your responses using this formopens a new window.
- (Optional) Share your creative work on social media using the hashtag #KCLSDoubleDare
Week 6 Challenges (week of July 27)
- We have been spending a lot of time inside during quarantine—often using chairs around our space to do everything from eating to reading. If you could design your ideal chair, what would it look like? What would it feel like and what materials would it be made out of? Would it have any other functions besides being a place to sit? How much space would it take up? We Double Dare you to design a custom chair for yourself—use any media to prototype your chair.Take a look at the following chair design examples for inspiration: Gerrit Thomas Rietveld, Zig-Zag Chair (1938); Tejo Remy, Rag Chair (1991);Marcel Wanders, Knotted Chair (1996); Unknown Congolese, Stool Chieftan’s Hornba(~20th Century); Frank Gehry, Easy chair and ottoman(1991);Jonathan De Pas, Blow Inflatable Armchair (1967).
2. What do you love to do? What’s one skill that you know how to do better than any other skill? Create a tutorial video for TikTok (or Instagram, etc.) to share with your family friends that inspires them to follow your instructions! Include music, props and even add annotations such as numbers, text, and shapes to your video.The video can be structured in any way you want. It can be an interactive tour in a notebook, a slideshow with your voice overlay, an animation or even a collage of images.