How do I participate?
Each week, we'll post two creative challenges. You can respond to either one, or both!
- Check this page each week for the latest challenges.
- Submit your responses using this formopens a new window.
- (Optional) Share your creative work on social media using the hashtag #KCLSDoubleDare
Week 1 Challenge (week of June 15)
- What sort of media or materials would best represent who you are to your friends?
- How do you want to be portrayed?
- Where do you envision this self portrait being displayed?
All mediums are encouraged--from watercolor paintings to 3-D designs to sculptures made out of items in your family's recycle bins!
- A haiku is a specific type of Japanese poem which has 17 syllables divided into three lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables. Here's an example by poet Aimee Nezhukumatathil:
the cool night before
star showers: so sticky so
warm so full of light
- For more haiku information and inspiration, visit this siteopens a new window.
- You can use this structure for your poem, or choose any other type of poem you want to write!
Submit your entries using this formopens a new window.