March 2 is Read Across America Day! Read Across America Day celebrates the joy and power of reading. It also kicks off National Reading Month. Here are some ways to participate:
- Join 10 to Try, our annual reading challenge. 10 to Try is open to readers of all ages. Library staff have created lots of great lists with suggestions to get you started.
- Attend a live author event. Hear from debut novelists, memoir writers, National Book Award winners, and New York Times bestsellers in our Author Voices series.
- Watch a recorded program. Kid-favorite Charlie Williams makes some incredible ABC sounds in this early literacy video.
- Show off your literary knowledge. Join librarians for a young adult literature-themed trivia night.
- Get book suggestions from librarians. At weekly Kids Book Chats, opens a new window (link opens in a new tab), librarians offer topical book suggestions for readers ages 7 to12. Coming up in March: Gross, Grosser, and Grossest and more!
- Share your love of books with other readers. What Are You Reading?, opens a new window (link opens in a new tab) is a monthly roundtable book discussion for adults where you can share what you've been reading.
However you choose to celebrate, remember that your library is here to nurture a love of reading for all ages all year long.