Have you already decided that you like using the Libby app to borrow digital titles?
You can now use Libby in the following languages:
• Simplified Chinese
• Traditional Chinese
How does it work?
- If your device is set to one of the languages above, Libby will automatically display in that language. You can toggle Libby’s display by updating the language setting on their device.
- This release does not affect the language of titles offered in your collection.
Other important updates:
- With this release, you'll find improvements to Libby's reader and audio player in all languages. This includes more intuitive controls for playback speed and the sleep timer.
- Your device will need a minimum of Android 5.0+ (Lollipop, released in 2014). This change affects Android devices that cannot upgrade to Android version 5 or higher. Based on usage data, that accounts for less than 1% of Libby users across all library systems. Users with these older devices will see a message with options to either update their device's operating system, switch to a supported device, or access Libby in the device’s web browser.
- The iOS minimum requirement for Apple devices (iPhones and iPads) remains unchanged at 9.0+.