Small business owners are facing unprecedented pressures from the novel coronavirus pandemic. As business news continues to change, it can feel daunting to find current and reliable legal information. Here is one valuable resource to help you navigate the effects of Covid-19 on your business.
Communities Rise has partnered with Lawyers for Good Government (L4GG), Orrick, and Perkins Coie to bring the COVID-19 Small Business and Nonprofit Legal Clinic to you.
This Covid-19 Legal Clinic connects small businesses and nonprofits with free legal consultation on Covid-19 related topics like:
- Federal programs like the CARES Act and Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
- General employment questions about furloughs, leaves, layoffs, and more.
- Contracts and commercial leases.
- Insurance and risk.
- Bankruptcy, business closure, and dissolution.
Nonprofit law and IRS regulations on tax-exempt organizations. The experts at the Covid-19 Legal Clinic may have the guidance you need if you:
- Are a small business, 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization, or fiscally sponsored nonprofit in Washington State.
- Have fewer than 50 employees.
- And your business has experienced distress due to Covid-19.
Looking for more small business resources? Visit kcls.org/biz to find events, services, and more to support your business online with KCLS.