For even more details on how to use the myLIBRO app, refer to the Help Guide, opens a new window.
Download the myLIBRO app
Sign in with your library card number and PIN/password.
Add a Family Member
- Tap the three lines in the top left corner.
- Tap the Profile menu.
- Scroll down and tap the Add Member button, then fill out the account details.
- Use the drop-down arrow at the top right to switch from your account to another account.
- Be careful with the three dots at the top right, this will delete your account from the myLIBRO app and you'll need to re-register. This will not delete your account with KCLS.
- Under Add Family Members, tap on the account name, then the trash icon in the top right corner to remove that account from the myLIBRO app. This will not delete the account with KCLS.
You’ll see the option to schedule when you open the app. If there are holds on another account but not yours, you'll need to switch to their account to get to the Schedule Pickup screen.
- If you have other family members with holds, use the drop-down to change accounts.
- If you have holds available at multiple pickup libraries, you can use the dropdown to toggle between holds locations.
- You'll see the covers of all the holds ready for pickup. We've added the date that your hold expires to the cover.
- Schedule your pickup.
- Tap the Preferred pickup date and time box.
- Use the calendar to choose a date and time. Tap the aqua CONTINUE button. The options shown will change depending on when your holds expire. For example, if you have holds that expire on the 7th, 9th, and 15th, you'll be able to schedule a pickup date until the 6th.
- For some locations, you can also schedule a Surprise Bag pickup through the app. If you don’t see the option to add a Surprise Bag at your location, you can ask for a bag in the “Arrival Notes” field when you arrive. You'll need to create a second
- Scroll down and tap the aqua SCHEDULE button at the bottom of the screen.
- You can close the app when you're done.
Make a Change
- Go back to the myLIBRO home page and tap on Schedule Pickup.
- My Schedules. You can cancel or reschedule the current reservation.
- Library staff checks out your items before your reservation. If you need to cancel or reschedule close to your appointment time, please call your pickup library. Items not picked up at the end of the day will be checked in.
- If the staff needs to cancel your reservation, you'll see a message in the myLIBRO app.
What if I'm Late?
Please call the service line number posted at the pickup site or wait in the standby line for assistance. You will need to arrive before the end of the pickup hours.
What if I Don't Pick Up My holds?
Staff will bring your items inside after a reasonable amount of time. Holds that are not picked up by the end of the day will be checked in.