There's a new way to book surprise bags. Here’s how to use the service when it is launched at your Curbside to Go library.
Surprise bags are bags selected by librarians and library staff by age and interest. Surprise Bags are five items each, and there is a three bag per patron limit. You can ask for a bag of titles in any of these categories, opens a new window.
Where Can I Schedule a Surprise Bag?
These are the locations, opens a new window where you can schedule a surprise bag without other holds to pick up.
At other curbside locations, you can ask for a surprise bag, opens a new window if you have other holds ready to pick up.
Do I Need to Have Other Holds Ready to Pickup to Schedule a Surprise Bag This Way?
No. This new option gives you a way to schedule a surprise bag even if you don't have other holds that are ready for pickup.
Download the myLIBRO App
Already using the myLIBRO app to schedule your hold pickups? You’ll use the same app to schedule a surprise bag pickup.
New to myLIBRO? Learn how to use the app for holds pickup, opens a new window. Refer to the User Guide to learn how to use voice search to check your account, search the catalog, and place holds.
Schedule a Surprise Bag
- Start by selecting the Schedule Pickup button from the home screen of the myLIBRO app.
- Tap the Schedule button.
- Tap Hold library and choose one of the locations listed above.
- Under Additional Pickup, toggle on Surprise Bag or Printing at select locations.
Tap Pickup type and select a surprise bag category.
- Tap Sub category to choose the specific bag type.
- If you change your mind and would like a different category, toggle the Surprise Bag or Printing at select locations off and on to reset the pickup type.
- Tap the Preferred schedule date and time box.
- Use the calendar to choose a date and time. Tap the aqua CONTINUE button.
- Review your selections, you won't be able to tab the SCHEDULE button until you select a Sub category.
- Tap the aqua SCHEDULE button.
- You'll see your pickup listed in the My Schedules summary.
Make a Change
- Go back to the myLIBRO home page and tap on Schedule Visit.
- You can cancel or reschedule the current reservation. Select the schedule to cancel or reschedule your appointment. If you cancel your schedule close to your pickup time, it may have already been checked out on your card. Please call the library as soon as possible, opens a new window to make sure you don't miss your items.
What if I’m Late?
Please call the library as soon as possible, opens a new window or wait in the walk-up line for help.
What if I Don’t Pick Up My Surprise Bag?
Please call the library as soon as possible, opens a new window. Staff will need to reschedule for you.