Your library card can get you free passesopens a new window to participating local museums! Due to the growing popularity of the museum passes, we'll be making some changes in our policy to make the passes available to more cardholders.
Here are a couple of important changes that will go into effect November 1:
- Each cardholder will now be limited to 1 pass total per day and 2 total per month.
- All our museums* will be limited to 1 pass every 90 days per cardholder.
- (*Except the Bellevue Arts Museum and KidsQuest Museum, which only allow 1 pass every 90 days per family/household.)
If you've never reserved a museum pass before, here are a few tips to get you started:
- New museum passes become available every day at 2:00 pm. There are a limited number of passes and they are often claimed very quickly. For the more popular museums, you should go to the museum passes registration pageopens a new window right at 2:00 pm to get passes for two weeks in the future.
- The easiest way for you to search for passes may be to view availability of all museums by dateopens a new window.
- You can find details about each museum's requirements, limitations, and other information on the museum passes registration pageopens a new window. Each museum is different, so be sure to read the details carefully.
- If you need help with free museum passes, visit your local libraryopens a new window or call Bellevue Library staff at 425-450-1765.
Have additional questions about museum passes? Visit our FAQ pageopens a new window!
Follow the links below to check out the museums' websites and see what they have to offer, including hours, directions, and information about parking. Most also have a free day each month, when the museum is open to the public at no charge.
The Museum of Flightopens a new window in south Seattle
KidsQuest Children's Museumopens a new window in Bellevue