About the Bellevue Library
Opened: July 1, 1993
- Largest KCLS library
- 5 Meeting Rooms and 7 Study Rooms
- Designed by Zimmer Gunsul Frasca Partnership
- 80,000 square feet
1944: The Bellevue Women's Club establishes the first Bellevue Library
1966: Passage of the Library Services & Construction Act Bond Issue funds a new building
1967: Dedication of a new Bellevue library
1988: Approval of library funding bond & KCLS annexation
1993: Opening of the current Bellevue Library
1994: Wins Associated General Contractors of Washington's Award for Excellence in Construction
1995: Wins ALA/AIA National Award of Excellence for Library Architecture
Special Collections & Equipment
Eastside Genealogical Library
The Eastside Genealogical Society (EGS) Library, a gift of the EGS, contains:
- Regional genealogies and histories
- Marriage and cemetery records
- Passenger and immigrant lists
Get genealogy help from EGS members in Meeting Room 6 on Tuesdays from 7-9 pm and Wednesdays from 1-3 pm.
Free one-on-one small business counseling, seminars, and workshops are available from The Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) volunteers.
Contact Bellevue Library staff to schedule an appointment.
Sponsored by the Small Business Administration.
The Bellevue Library offers local and state publications in print, microform and electronic formats. The library also offers online access to a broad selection of available federal documents as part of the Federal Depository Library Program.
This library is a congressionally designated depository for U.S. Government documents. Public access to the government documents collection is guaranteed by public law. (Title 44 United States Code).