About Algona-Pacific Library

Opened: July 19, 1994

Overview

  • 18,000-tile floral mosaic floor in entry
  • Designed by Buffalo Design
  • 5,250 square feet

History

  • 1946: Opening of Algona's one-room library at the old fire hall
  • 1947: Opening of Pacific's library in the Pacific School's Women's Club Room after contracting with KCLS for library service
  • 1956: City of Algona contracts for Library District service and appoints its first library board
  • 1980: KCLS computerizes the Algona Library's catalog
  • 1993: Algona Library's catalog moves online
  • 1990: Algona and Pacific voters approve KCLS annexation
  • 1993: Groundbreaking of the new Algona-Pacific Library
  • 1994: Opening of the Algona-Pacific Library, combining the Algona Library (1946) and Pacific Library (1947) into one branch
  • 1996: Algona-Pacific Library receives Microsoft Libraries Online grant
  • 2007: Completion of Capital Bond improvements

Friends of the Algona-Pacific Library

  • Dues: $5
  • Book Sales: Ongoing sale in library
  • Meetings: Quarterly on Wednesdays, 2 - 3 pm